Thursday 16 October 2014

Thursday 16 October, 5 Days after surgery

Had a good night's sleep last night for the first time really, must be the Scotch and Green Ginger that I gave a chance with last night whilst watching re-runs of the X Factor!  My partner and Mum cooked a lovely meal of Pork Belly with red wine sauce and potato wedges and peas.  All washed down with a glass of Shiraz....bliss.  I feel like I am getting back to normal, well apart from the crutches of course.

Feeling much better all round, however some pain creeping back in where the foot is concerned, so I took a couple of pain pills at 0700 and just about to down another couple just now (1300).

I've been researching this morning to see if I am eligible for any sickness benefit due to the operation, but it seems that I will get nothing because it's all means tested, and my partner has a good job.

The lad who works for me is taking Toby the dog out every morning and evening and then doing a full day's work in between, so the business is still ticking over anyway, despite me being unable to work in it.

It's my partner's birthday on Saturday so I've ordered a present and card for him online.  I suppose all of my shopping is going to be online for the foreseeable future.

I phoned the hospital too, in order to find out about my first follow-up appointment and they're talking three weeks.  From what I've read on the internet, it seems everybody has had an appointment at two weeks post op.  Anyone any idea why it would be as long as three?


No comments:

Post a Comment